And it's whispered that soon, if we all call a tune, then the piper will lead us to reason.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

In which I return from the dead

In a manner of speaking.

I don't really have much of an excuse for taking a two month hiatus in the middle of telling a story. I've never kept a personal Journal. Hell, I always found the concept more than a bit odd. "Oh hey, I'm going to write down stuff I've already experienced and already know in a book for no one's benefit other than myself."

That's what differentiates blogs from journals. You get an Audience, you get a reason to write other than your own masturbatory celebration of the minutia of the day. Perhaps I'm being too unfair to journal writers. I've got a pretty damn good memory, and the idea of writing those memories down just seems a bit redundant to me.

In my absence I've looked over a number of these so called "Slender Blogs." I'm not looking after any 10 year old children, so I don't think I should worry. Slendy tends to change his Modis Operendi between authors, but the only author's account I can ascertain with certifiable truth is A.J.'s.

A common theme, however, tends to be that nothing ends well for those who partake in this sort of exercise. This may or may not have influenced my decision to all but abandon this blog.
Other excuses:
- School

- pre-existing projects

- My rather volatile family situation made worse by the fact that my father has recently taken ill and refuses to disclose anything more than a few symptoms (not that the man has ever been a poster child of health, physical or mental)

- And the fact that I was recently (relatively) kidnapped at Airsoft point by an asshole in a Guy Fawkes mask.

Yeah, about that: Like most pants-shittingly horrifying things that happen to you in life, they tend to be kinda hilarious after a certain amount of time has passed. When I first returned from the desert, I still had some adrenaline pumping. Enough to override the "Holy shit, I just got kidnapped by a bunch of fucking nuts" section of my brain and activate my "I gotta blog this shit," lobe. As the days passed, the realization of some of what was said began to sink in, and I struggled with whether or not it was a good idea to make what took place AVAILABLE IN A FORMAT EASILY ACCESSED BY EVERYONE IN THE WORLD AND THEIR COLLECTIVE MOTHERS! I only decided to type this out now because it has dawned on me just how silly this whole fucking thing really is!

As I've said before, I have no actual fear of the Slenderman.
However, as the adage goes, "I'm O.K. with God, but it's his fanclub that scares me."

And without further ado: my night with the SlenderManson Family

No comments:

Post a Comment